3 small batch wines shipped to you in September!
Let me introduce you to some wonderful small production wines over the next year! Each quarterly shipment contains 3 wines that I hand select for the club. I look for interesting varietals and styles to introduce you to (Tannat, Colombard, Grenache, PetNats, etc) but I know you also love some more common varietals (Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon). I’m going to err on mostly small California producers, and will select more reds than whites. I’m partial to an occasional sparkling wine.
I hope you’ll join me on this adventure! You’ll get so many membership benefits by joining, including
Complimentary invitations to club-exclusive virtual events,
20% discount on private virtual events,
10% discounts on RePour wine savers,
Winery and wine description information with each shipment,
Wine pricing 5-15% below retail
Shipments are made approximately quarterly with slight shifts in regularity due to weather.
Wines included in Septembers shipment
- 2019 Lichen Estates Pinot Gris
- Location: Mendocino County, CA
- Varietal/Type: Pinot Gris, still white wine
- Notes: Lichen is a great small producer out of Mendocino, Doug Stewart the winemaker specializes in Pinots: Noirs and Gris. This Gris is a fantastic example of the variety. Using only native yeasts in his estate vineyard to make this wine, it has medium body and acidity but full on flavor! Intense flavors of green apple, lemon, and wet stone. I think this wine smells like beach in the summer it has some nice salinity to it!
- 2018 Bushong Vintage Company "Power, Corruption & Lies"
- Location: Paso Robles, CA
- Varietal/Type: 67% Tannat, 27% Syrah, 6% Petite Sirah still red wine
- Notes: Love this one-man show winery out of Paso Robles. Paso is known for Rhone varietals and interesting blends, Bushong is no exception. Jason Bushong knows how to make Tannat wines and PC&L is no exception. This wine is a full bodied blend with a smokey meaty character that is seductive. I get blackberry, black cherry, and some green olive notes also. Love the complexity.
- 2017 Smith-Devereux IBEX Single Vineyard Merlot
- Napa County, CA
- Varietal/Type: 100% Merlot IBEX Vineyard
- Notes: Great small producer run by two guys in Napa. This is a great story of a grass roots upstart! The Merlot has notes of black fruit, blueberries, intense flavors, white pepper, leather/earthiness, vanilla, low acidity med-full body.
For Local Pickup in San Mateo, CA use discount code "LOCALPICKUP" to have shipping charges deducted from your order when checking out. Can't be combined with other discount codes.