This wine was a favorite among wine club members in the fall shipment!
Doug & Ana Lucia Stewart, owners and winegrowers of Lichen Estate have been making wine under the Lichen label since 2014 though they have been making award winning wines since 2000.
Lichen wine is sourced exclusively from their own Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris grapes harvested from organic, biodiverse and sustainably farmed estate vineyards.
I love this Pinot Gris for its bright intense citrus flavors which are balanced by creamy salinity.
- Region: Mendocino, Anderson Valley
- Production: Lichen only produces 3k cases of wine each year!
- Climate: Coastal cool marine air, perfect for cold climate varietals
- What makes them special? Organically grown grapes, dedication to the varietals, hire year round vineyard workers
- Pairings: Seafood, chicken, even a hamburgers! This is a great pairing wine!